Here is a tshirt recon I did this week, it is for potato, she will be in 1st grade soon, it is important to look super cool at this age….She loves it, a tutorial to come!
Jul 21, 2010
To those of you that have been following you know that I have been out for sometime. Well prior to my injury, I receive a wonderful jewelry set from WWW.eldweene.etsy.com. The picture below is not the set I received, it is rather, another piece available for purchase in her shop today! I still have the jewelry set and will reveal it on Friday! Until that time, I am going to give you a weeks worth of featured items from her gorgeous shop! Located in Jersey City, she has 100 % feedback, and fantastic customer service. She has been very kind working with me during my health issues to provide you all with the opportunity to win a fantastic gift set from her shop!
This piece is entitled “It Came from the Sea”, and it is beautiful! I love the way the blues, greens, and silver work together for this amazing set! Priced at $65 it is on the higher end of her items in her shop, but we can certainly see why, with the beautiful combination of glass, crystal, filigree and acrylic beading. So if you are interested in some beautiful handmade jewelry head on over to Eldwenne’s Fantasy and browse her assortment of earrings, rings, necklaces, and bracelets! You are sure to find something for you and everyone else you know!
May 20, 2010
May 12, 2010
Apr 29, 2010
Okay so I was searching all over for an Easy to follow pattern tutorial for making a little girls pinafore….I found tons that I could buy off of www.etsy.com people selling them for anywhere from $6 to $20, which IMO is UGHH! I refuse to pay, and I decided to fight my way through figuring it out. In no way is this my original idea, I do not own this, if you want to make them using my tutorial and sell them well, I suppose there is nothing I could do to stop you, and it would be a pain to go to small claims…..So I guess I would just ask that you link back to my post in your sale. THANKS and HERE WE GO!!!
Newspaper (or a paper bag)
An A Line dress that fits your daughter (or whatever size you want to make it)
Sewing Machine/ Pins/ Thread/ Iron
Fabric – a light weight cotton will do just perfect for this dress, yardage depends on who you are making it for but if she is under five…about 1 yd each or less of TWO coordinating fabrics :)
1. Lay out your dress on the newspaper and trace it with your marker, leaving about a 1/2” for seam allowance.
Like this :)
After doing so, you can either make it shorter (so she can wear it as a shirt, or longer, if you want to make sure the undies are covered…up to you….then CUT IT OUT. Oops I forgot to tell you that you needed scissors, but hopefully that was a given HA!
2. Fold the pattern in half and **MAKE SURE IT IS SYMMETRICAL** This is very important!!!! VERY! So make sure if you need to trim the sides up or whatever, you do it RIGHT NOW!
3. You are going to do it all over and make sure you have two dress patterns both the same and both symmetrical. Label one A, it will be helpful.
4. Now, on the one not labeled draw a shape like this…don’t be nervous, it is only newspaper :)! Starting at the inside of the shoulder strap, draw a curved line that ends at the top of the armpit. Then, starting on the outside of the shoulder strap draw a slanted line across the dress and curve it slightly at the bottom of the dress. After you get a shape you like, label it B. Cut it out, and then on the back side, Label it C. So one side will be B and when you flip it you will have C.
4. CELEBRATE! You made your own pattern!! WOOO HOOO! Now you need to get your fabric.
CUT AS FOLLOWS:
1 A, 1 B, and 1 C of each fabric. I always trace it with a regular marker on the back side of my fabric and then cut. When you are finished you will have 6 pieces total,
5. You are not going to take the first fabric, and pin the sides right side together. You will notice in the picture that when you line the sides up, the shoulder straps cross over the back. Sew up each side from armpit to hemline.
Do this for both fabric choices. then press the seams. It is not necessary to use a serger because these seems will be hidden.
6. This should be what you have now. Now you are going to place the two fabrics right sides together and pin….we are almost done! When you are pining, start by lining up the side seams you just made, and then make sure to leave open the two shoulder straps on the chest area, and a small part at the hemline for turning. Yes you can try to turn it rightside out later through the straps, but trust me it is UGH!
7. This is what you should have. The neckline is sewn, and every where else, EXCEPT where you see a marker. Now turn it rightside out through the hole, where the red marker is and press the seams.
8. Now you will see that I have turned in the raw edges of the chest straps, about 1/4” to a 1/2”. You also need to close up that bottom whole, by turning the raw edge under a little and top stitching along the bottom hemline.
9. Insert the strap from the opposite side, into the chest strap. Pin in place and then topstitch.
Here we are all ready to go to the sewing machine, one last time!
10. Topstitching the strap in place, and you are done!!!! YAY!!!!
FINISHED!!!! Now try it on your favorite girl! **A special note, it is reversible, so if you are out and grab chocolate ice cream, and it drips, turn it over!! and no need to go home! also dads will swear it is too complicated to figure out how to put on, don’t worry they can be trained! and KUDOS TO YOU FOR MAKING SOMETHING FOR YOU CHILD!
There it is! The easy peasy reversible pinafore for your favorite little girl! Thanks for sewing with me, and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask!
Apr 15, 2010
Mar 12, 2010
I have made the decision to embark on a serious project this spring. I am going to be designing (not really really designing) but ykwim! But I am making sewing whatever you want to call it a sping line for my little girls. I am throwing a bunch of ideas around in my head...but I know I want reversible....I want ruffles...more specifically, ruffles on the baby bum...Older Daughter is a princess/diva...sooo she will need something that is truly fantastic, and she will definitely need a skirt or five... I have been browsing every site imaginable for patterns free or otherwise...although I refuse to pay for a pattern! So I hope that you guys come back to check...and if there are any good tips or websites you want to share please feel free! Hopefully I will get some sewing time tomorrow...Baby Girl had fun ripping her diaper off during naptime and playing in number 2! So cleaning for me....BOO!
Jan 22, 2010
I have been working on another blog project for all of you. You can find it @ www.bestfindsfrometsy.blogspot.com. If you go and follow then you will get all my latest and greatest finds from Etsy.com. While, of course I am partial to myself, the new blog allows me the freedom to post creations from other artisans. I hope you go there, and follow me there too, especially if you like to shop as much as I do!
Jan 5, 2010
Now we are at 7! Seems like very few, especially when I go on other blogs...super fancy gorgeous ones, ones updated by the minute....you know....anyhow, so I am up tonight, unable to sleep, bc I have a million things running through my head, from what to cook for dinner tomorrow, to what to put Ayla in for school...and we have our first official Girl Scout meeting tomorrow...I am troop leader...and then I say, "hey self, (I really do talk to myself all the time, and exactly like this) you should really go check in on your baby, you know the blog you started in November..." And BAM!! You are all here....all seven of you :) following me....so I guess as your leader, I need to start leading you in a direction of some sort, I hope you are please with where we will go, and if there are any stops in particular you would like to make along the way, please just let me know, I will pull over occassionally for snacks, and refueling, of course the potty, but feel free to do that without asking, we are all adults here!
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I promise....today (which is still kind night for me so in that case I would normally say tomorrow) I will post something fantastically witty, frugal, and crafty for you!